Monday, June 3, 2013

Jason Kidd Announces Retirement From NBA After 19 season

Jason Kidd,retired

Jason Kidd announced his retirement on Monday from the NBA after 19 seasons, ending one of the greatest playmaker for a point guard in league history.

He won an NBA title and two Olympic gold medals, is second on the career list in assists and steals, and was a 10-time All-Star. But he struggled badly in the playoffs for the Knicks shortly after turning 40 and decided to walk away with two years and more than $6 million left on the deal he signed last summer.

Teammates loved him. The U.S. national team needed him.

"My time in professional basketball has been an incredible journey, but one that must come to an end after 19 years," Kidd said in a statement released by the New York Knicks. "As I reflect on my time with the four teams I represented in the NBA, I look back fondly at every season and thank each and every one of my teammates and coaches that joined me on the court."

Kidd led the Nets to two NBA Finals in 2002-03, he helped the Dallas Mavericks win the 2011 title, and was on the first Knicks team to reach the second round of the playoffs since 2000. Which only means the Knicks are back to first round exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment