Thursday, April 18, 2013

Byron Scott Fired by Cleveland Cavaliers

Byron Scott Fired, Byron Scott, Dan Gilbert, Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers, cavs, Cavs

Cleveland Cavaliers fire head coach Byron Scott after three losing seasons. Scott was fired Thursday April 18, 2013 it was an 82-game rollercoaster that included injuries, blown leads and a dissappointing final weeks.

Scott has a 64-166 win-lose record in his three years with the Cavs, who were weakened by injuries this season but also showed little progress under him. Scott was informed he would not be coming back one day after Cleveland closed the frustrating season with its sixth straight loss. The Cavs has the NBA's third-worst record at 24-58.

All-Star guard Kyrie Irving said he was surprised and saddened by Scott's firing.

"I just lost my head coach," Irving said, his voice barely above a whisper. "This is all new to me right now. I'm just trying to get over the loss of my basketball father."

"I wish Byron Scott and his entire family the best going forward," Owner Dan Gilbert said in a release.

No comments:

Post a Comment