Monday, March 21, 2016

Jordan Clarkson and Nick Young of LA Lakers accused of sexual harassment

Jordan Clarkson, Nick Young, sexual harassment, LA Lakers

Two LA Lakers guards Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson are facing sexual harassment charges for an incident last Sunday in Hollywood, according to report from Baxter Holmes of ESPN.

The team organization is investigating the incident and say they are taking it very seriously.

Alexis Jones is the one who is accussing them, she's an activist who helped start the women’s empowerment organization "I AM THAT GIRL".

"Jones said following dinner she and her 68-year-old mother stopped their vehicle at the intersection, where a Jeep with four men pulled up alongside them. According to Jones, the men inside the Jeep began making “vulgar, sexual” gestures toward her mother.

“She was super rattled. That’s the truth. It scared her,” Jones said. “We were in a small car, and they were in a big Jeep, and it was a bunch of big dudes. They’re leaning out of the car and making vulgar, sexual gestures. My mom was really shocked. That immediately turned into sobbing.”

Jones added, “The irony is I created a program called ‘ProtectHer’ out of the urgency to address sexual abuse in athletics, and I was on phone calls with the NBA as of Friday talking with them about integrating this message and this program into the NBA."

She didn't know the men but she was able to take pictures of them that she later shared on Instagram,
commenters identified two of the men as Lakers players.


I pray these pics go viral because THIS is the problem with little boys. Five minutes ago, at the intersection of Melrose and La Bre here in LA, a jeep of four boys pulled up at a red light and started yelling and making the most disgustingly vulgar gestures at my mom and me. I rarely "rant" about things but this is the f%+#ing problem and the reason I've now dedicated my life to educating young men about respect, not just for women but for everyone. I'm angry. I'm insulted. I'm hurt. They were laughing hysterically until they realized I was filming them and immediately they panicked like the cowards they are. Thank you to all the real men out there who would never treat a mother and daughter that way... Speaking of, I'd love for this to make it back to their mothers!!! Help me find who these guys are!!! Let's see the power of social media and hold them accountable. I'd LOVE to have a candid conversation with them about sexual harassment not simply to shame them, but to understand their mentality so we can better educate young men to be respectful in the future. #littleboys #cowards #realmenrespectwomen #messedwiththewrongchick #wewillfindyou @iamthatgirl
A photo posted by Alexis Jones (@missalexisjones) on

1 comment:

  1. These news are now back in business as most of the blogs don't concentrate on the news regarding these issues. For more wow moments you can go through videos and sports blog. You can take help from the latest sport news to keep yourself updated and that can make you all really good at current affairs and can help you in keeping yourself updated.

    ReplyDelete